Saturday, December 31, 2011

Of Late

In December, we celebrated two birthdays in our house.  For Jon's, I made Snickers Cupcakes.  They were pretty much the most amazing cupcakes I've ever made.  Everything was made from scratch (well, that is, except for the Snickers bars), and I added a pinch of coarse salt on top for that salty sweet combo.  Yep.  They were awesome.

We also celebrated Christmas.  Here are a few little shots from Christmas Eve.



 The girls got to open one present...

which was matching owl pajamas! (Kappas in the making?)

And now that we're home, we're plugging away at some projects around the house.  I have submitted one grant and am working on another one (which is taking FOREVER).  And Jon has finally finished a project he started in August:

Isn't it great?  The picture doesn't show it well, but the color is cranberry.  Now we can finally unpack the dishes we inherited that have been sitting in boxes since my parents delivered them in May.  We have also finished tiling the backsplash in the kitchen...now we just need to grout it, and I think our kitchen will finally be done!  With those things out of the way, we are dreaming of other projects...like building a dining room table, shelving units in the basement for storage, dry walling a room in the basement...things like that.  And I'm thinking of goals and projects for 2012: putting together a reading list, making a cleaning schedule, and trying to decide if I should train for a triathlon.  


No comments: