Monday, December 12, 2011

Advent: Days 10-11

Day 10: Go on a sleigh ride.
This is another reason why I love our neighborhood.  At Christmas time they have a community Christmas party/potluck, complete with sleigh rides through the neighborhood.  We weren't organized enough (extraverted enough?) to go to the potluck, so we just went on the sleigh ride.  Laurel thought it was pretty much amazing.  My personal goal for next year is to know enough of our neighbors that we will feel comfortable going to the potluck portion (I know, I know, that's how we meet our neighbors by going to these things).  I also think that the sleigh ride will become one of our Christmas traditions as long as we live in this neighborhood.

Day 11: Bake cookies with mom.
I got most of the cookie dough ready while Laurel was napping.  She was pretty excited to put on her apron and help.  As per my usual m.o. we were crunched for time, so we had to end our project before I could make icing and let her decorate them.  Maybe that will happen this afternoon.  Maybe.  Maybe not. I was hoping for some really amazing cookies in my life this year...so far I think they're only so/so.  And I now have lots of only so/so dough left in my fridge.


No comments: